APPLY: 2022 Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2022 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme.
Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
- Host Country: Ireland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: €10,000
- Deadline: March 25, 2022
Following a competitive process based on an annual call for proposals from individual applicants, the HEA will approve a defined number of scholarships under the scheme to successful applicants. Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships to high calibre students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year.
The following are the terms and conditions that will apply:
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at covering student costs and living expenses.
- The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate programme;
- one year of a taught master’s degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (e.g. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme).
A marking system (total 100 marks) is part of the call with the relevant scores shown in brackets after the key selection criteria.
The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile).
- Applicants should demonstrate:
- the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to Ireland, as well as their country of origin. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximize their academic/cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as Scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks).
Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Method of Application
The Call for Applications will issue 26 November 2021 and the centralised application system can be accessed at the following link.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 25 March 2022 (Irish Time).
Submit any questions regarding the call for applications to GOI-IES@hea.ie no later than 25 March 2022.