Management course is one of the most competitive courses in Nigeria. Here are the top five 5 most competitive management courses in Nigeria.
Top 5 Most competitive Management courses in Nigeria
Without wasting so much time below are the top 5 most competitive management courses in Nigeria.
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
This is the most sought after management course due to the fact that every company employs an accountant, this means there’s availability of jobs after graduation.
More so, the course offers a better career prospect in terms of pay and job security. This makes the course the most competitive management course in Nigeria.
However, being a graduate of Accounting is not the only yardstick for job offers, you need to sit and passed ICAN or ACCA exam to become a chartered accountant.
Just like Accounting, every company wants to hire an Economist, some companies believe an economist can manage company finances better than an accountant.
There are better job prospects for those that study economics too, so, economics occupies the second position in our most competitive management courses in Nigeria.
Banking and Finance
Though, the course is offered separately abroad. Most Nigerian universities offered banking and finance as a combined course and due to the availability of a lot of banks and financial institutions in the country. This makes the course one of the most competitive management courses in Nigeria.
Read Also: Banking jobs in Nigeria 2020/2021
There are a lot of small and medium enterprises in Nigeria. In general, there are a lot of businesses in Nigeria. So the need for business administrators is becoming high daily.
This called for many young secondary school leavers to choose business administration as their most preferred course and also, one of the most competitive courses in Nigeria.
Business Administrators help business grows, they see after the affairs of bubusinesses.
There are a lot of insurance companies in Nigeria. These companies are not only present in major cities such as Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Kano. But they spread across the nation.
For this reason, insurance jobs are available nationwide, and also, they recruit from time to time, so the need for insurance experts. Insurance is one of the most competitive management courses in Nigeria.
Those that mean, they can only work in insuring firms?. No!
Insurance experts can also work in any consulting firms and financial institutions.
List of Management courses in Nigeria
Below is the list of management courses offered at Nigerian Universities.
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Project Management
- Business Management
- Hospitality and Management
- Industrial Relation and Personnel Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Secretariat Administration
- Actuarial Science
- Public Administration
Universities that offer Management courses in Nigeria
Below is the list of universities that offers management courses in Nigeria.
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Baze University
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Covenant University Ota
- Crescent University
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State.
JAMB/ UTME Subject Combination for Management Courses
In JAMB, candidates are required to choose four (4) subject combinations.
For management courses, candidates can choose the following subject combinations:
The following O’level subjects are required to study management courses in Nigeria.
You’re required to have 6 credits passed at O’level including English Language and Mathematics.
If you desire to study any of the above-listed courses that means you’re a commercial student. Don’t just consider only the most competitive courses as there’s a space for every course.
We believe before any university chooses to admit students for any course, there’s space in the labour market upon graduation.
Do you have any information for us? Please feel free to drop your opinion and questions at the comment box below.
Thanks for reading.