Apply for The University Of Surrey EU Undergraduate Scholarship In The UK 2021
The University of Surrey is assisting its incoming students who are residents in an EU member state for its EU Undergraduate Scholarships. These grants are designed to support academically talented aspirants looking forward to pursuing their degrees in the UK.
The University will be providing the funding towards candidates entering the university for any undergraduate degree program. The award amount will be granted as a fees discount for students to bear their high-cost expenses related to continuing their studies at the campus.
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is known as a public research university in Guildford, England. Surrey has been awarded three Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for its research, with the 2014 Research Excellence Framework ranking 78% of the university’s research outputs as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”. The university received its royal charter in 1966 and several other institutions following recommendations in the Robbins Report. Among British universities, the University had the 14th highest average UCAS Tariff for new entrants in 2015.
The aspirant must go through the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The fellow must be an international student.
- Must be ordinarily resident in an EU member state
- Must be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for UK fees). If your fee status changed to a home fee during your studies, you would no longer qualify for the scholarship.
- Must be registering on the first year of a full-time undergraduate including courses with a UK Foundation Year with a September/October 2021 start date
- Must be self-funded
- Eligible students who begin at the Surrey International Study Centre in 2021/22 will not receive this scholarship for the International Foundation Year but will receive it for each year of their undergraduate degree but except for the Professional Training Year.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying any undergradute degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Surrey?
Studying at University of Surrey will provide you the tools and opportunities needed to thrive in your future career. They are proud to have a superb record for graduate employability. Ninety-three per cent of their 2017 graduates were in work or further education six months after they graduated, as mentioned by the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarships will be awards £5,000 per year of study (excluding the Professional Training Year) in a fee discount.
- This will contains all years of integrated masters courses excluding the Professional Training Year
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for the scholarships, fellows are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
There is no requirement of formal application for the scholarship. Every offer holders of admission will be considered against the mentioned criteria and, if successful, the award amount will be paid in the form of a tuition fee discount.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- The minimum standard in English and mathematics
- Typical entry requirements range from AAA-CCC at A-Level, 30-34 points in the International Baccalaureate, or 65-85% from an approved International Foundation Year
To enrol at the University of Surrey, most international students will require a visa. If you need a Student visa, applicants must pass a points-based assessment and score 70 points when making a visa application: 50 points for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from the University of Surrey. Ten points for meeting the financial requirements. Ten issues of meeting the English language requirements.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Contact address: +44 (0)1483 300800
University location: Stag Hill, University Campus, Guildford GU2 7XH, United Kingdom