Application for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021 is open.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Rising unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic are all impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work. The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise, while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. It does not matter if you have no job experience!
Why the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021?
Other programs and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
Benefits for Fellows
We are challenging the narrative that world class opportunities only exist outside our borders.The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme equips the next generation of young leaders who are poised to steer the course of national development by giving them the tools they need to succeed, today.
Other programmes and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite, by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organisations that will play host to successful Fellows.
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
What are the Benefits for an Organization to join the NJFP?
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Options for Participation
The programme offers three broad areas of possible engagement for employers in the private and public sector. These areas are not mutually exclusive, and organisations are invited to engage as partners in more than one area.
- Provide Fellow(s) with a meaningful, fully paid placement opportunity for twelve-month
- Knowledge partner: Contribute with professional guidance, thematic and industry expertise and skill enhancement through mentoring, coaching and e-learning opportunities to the fellows.
- Financial Contributor: Contribute with financial or material resources to the programme (stipend to the fellows, insurance, IT equipment etc.).
Interested in the NJFP?
Sign up to learn how we can help you up your talent game this year. Once we have received your expression of interest, a member of the NJFP team will be in touch to conduct an initial assessment of your organizations’ needs and discuss next steps.
Eligibility Criteria for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree or HND Certificate) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) for Bachelor’s Degree or Upper Credit (> 3.00) for HND Certificate holders.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
To be an eligible host organization, you must
- Provision up-to-date regulatory documentation including –
- CAC Certificate of Registration
- Provision of official letter of interest detailing a clear understanding of the objectives of the NJFP and commitment to supporting the program by accepting fellow placements.
- Provision of clear descriptions of available role requirements.
- Agreement to provide mentorship support to fellows through dedicated sessions with existing experienced professional within their organizations.
- Agreement to abide by the guidelines of the program and to sign a code of conduct.
- Have non-discrimination policies on gender, ethnicity, religion and disability status, as well as policies against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA).
- Have no criminal records or conviction or any affiliation with proscribed organizations ie, terrorists, drug traffickers, illicit trade, child labour.
How to apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme does not charge a fee at any stage of the application or work placement process. The NJFP wishes to warn applicants about any fraudulent activities being perpetrated purportedly in the name of the NJFP, and/or its officials, and strongly recommend applicants to exercise caution and report any suspected fraudulent activities to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Adeyinka is the founder and content creator at Career Acada. He’s a technology expert and web developer. He holds a degree in Genetics and loves impacting life for a better society.